Seaton Playing Fields are Open in accordance with Govt Covid Guidelines
SEATON PARISH COUNCIL PLAYING FIELDS
The renovation of the Children's Play Area off Thompsons Lane Seaton has now been completed. A petanque pitch will be added in early Spring when the weather improves.
Seaton Parish Council has provided these facilities for the enjoyment of local residents and their families, but will not accept any liability for loss, damage or injury.
The area is therefore open for use in accordance with the following rules:
- no dogs or kites are allowed in the playing fields.
- the equipment is designed for children up to age 13 under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- each responsible adult should decide which equipment their children may use and what level of supervision is required, taking account of each child's age, size and ability.
- any damage should be reported immediately by email to the firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate remedial action can be taken.
Users must comply with the Govt regulations on the use of play areas during the Covid pandemic. These are available on the Gov.UK website and stress that:
- the virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces. This risk may be reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain, but the virus could survive long enough on frequently used/touched outdoor surfaces to facilitate transmission;
- playgrounds are therefore primarily open for use by children who do not have access to private outdoor space, like their own garden;
- responsible adults can take children to a playground for exercise, but they must not socialise with other people while there;
- anyone using the play area must comply with the 2 metre rule on social distancing whenever possible.
We hope that you enjoy the play area, but please follow these rules so that we all stay safe. If you don't, Seaton Parish Council will have no choice but to close the play area.
Seaton Parish Council
Posted: Sat, 06 Feb 2021 13:00 by Nic Greenfield